Tuesday 24 January 2012

EVERYBODY’S FREE (by Shyam Kelly)


 Everybody knows everybody
Everybody’s the same
Everybody’s got a story
And everybody feels pain
Nobody wants to suffer
Nobody knows the truth
Everybody wants love
But nobody wants to lose
Nobody lives forever
We all have to die
But everybody wants to be somebody
So ask yourself why
Everybody knows somebody
So nobody has to be alone
I used to be somebody
I used to love being known
Nobody is better
We all bleed the same
The pawn and the king go back in the same box
Is life just a game
Everybody is lost
Nobody can see
I am nobody
I am somebody
I am you
And you are free

This poem was not written by me, but by the very talented Shyam Kelly. If you enjoyed this poem & would like to read more of his work, please be sure to purchase 'mightier than the gun' (available on Amazon) 

No comments:

Post a Comment