Wednesday 4 January 2012

To Hip Hop....

Although you’re a lot older than me
I’ve witnessed you grow
Admired your strength, your power your flow
Loved by many men
But never labelled a hoe
A lot of guys have given it to you raw & violent
While others were more loving and slow 
Some exploited you for their gain
As soon as you’re potential began to show

On a number of occasions I’ve fled 2 your defence
Been more than frustrated when people accused you of being a bad influence
Because they only see your dark side
Anyone who truly knows you can’t help but have a feeling of pride
Just to have you as a part of their life
As you’ve helped many out of a variety of situations
Allowed them to feel free
Given them a means to express their emotions
Bringing a sense of individuality
While simultaneously encouraging creativity

But I won’t lie
There have been times when I’ve kept you at a distance
When I’ve wanted 2 get to know others for instance
And yeah they were fun to be around
Mainly at parties and celebrations
But during my moments of deep thinking, they all lacked substance
So it’s you I turned to on these occasions

No comments:

Post a Comment